Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
56 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The National Botanic Garden of Wales
It aims to inspire, to educate and to conserve. Its surroundings contain a variety of micro-climates for plant and animal life to thrive, among them gardens; lakes; woodlands; undulating hills; and wildflower meadows. The Garden provided opportunities for 17,000 people to learn about the environment through its science and education programmes in 2010.
The Garden is on the site of the old Middleton estate, a Regency-period park in Carmarthenshire. It stretches over more than 500 acres of beautiful pollution-free countryside, including Waun Las Nature Reserve. It has won many honours, including:
- third place in the national competition 'Best British Gardens to Visit'
- first place in the Western Mail readers poll of the Seven Modern Wonders of Wales.
The Great Glasshouse
Designed by Lord Norman Foster, this is the biggest single-span glasshouse in the world. It is home to some of the most endangered plants on the planet from six climate regions including Western Australia and Africa. It helps protect what is considered to be the best collection of its kind in the world.
The Tropical GlasshouseThe Tropical Glasshouse houses a unique collection of 1,000 orchids.
The structure is more than 30 metres in length and located in the double-walled garden.
The Tropical Glasshouse was designed by internationally renowned Welsh-born architect John Belle. His previous work includes the Grand Central Terminal in New York and the New York Botanic Garden.
In addition to the glasshouses the site has:
- a unique and historic double-walled garden
- a bog garden
- a bee garden
- an apothecary's garden
- a Japanese garden.
Welsh Government support
The Welsh Government is a key stakeholder and one of the core funders of the Garden.
In February 2011, we announced funding of £700,000 for the financial year 2011-12. This followed an independent review of the funding of the Garden. The review stressed the Garden's value to the local economy and its contribution to tourism, science and education.
More information on the National Botanic Garden of Wales, which is open 364 days of the year, can be found on their website.
Visit: National Botanic Garden of Wales website (external link)