Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
EU funding to extend financial services graduate programme in Wales
A graduate programme helping to develop and retain industry professionals and future leaders in Wales’ financial services sector is being extended following a £1m EU funding boost.
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- EU funding to extend financial services graduate programme in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Thematic years approach
In 2015, we announced a 3-year approach to promoting Wales based on a series of annual themes.
- Adventure in 2016
- Legends in 2017
- the Sea in 2018.
- a long-term ambition to grow a stronger and more defined brand for tourism in Wales
- the opportunity to focus investment and innovation in tourism
- the need to drive an increase in visitor volume and value to Wales each year.
Our aim by 2018, is that Wales becomes well-known for being an outstanding adventure, culture, heritage and outdoors destination; and that these messages link-up to create a much more defined and compelling destination proposition for Wales.
Our goal is drive more than £320million of additional consumer spend in Wales from the domestic market and more than £7m of travel trade business to Wales from our top 100 operators.
Find out more about our campaign on our Visit Wales consumer site (external link).
If you are a tourism business, information on how you can get involved is available on our Business Wales Tourism Zone (external link).