Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
Since the introduction of the Help to Buy Wales scheme in 2014 a total of 4,949 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government Help to Buy-Wales shared equity loan.
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone to end on 30 April
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Thematic years approach
In 2015, we announced a 3-year approach to promoting Wales based on a series of annual themes.
- Adventure in 2016
- Legends in 2017
- the Sea in 2018.
- a long-term ambition to grow a stronger and more defined brand for tourism in Wales
- the opportunity to focus investment and innovation in tourism
- the need to drive an increase in visitor volume and value to Wales each year.
Our aim by 2018, is that Wales becomes well-known for being an outstanding adventure, culture, heritage and outdoors destination; and that these messages link-up to create a much more defined and compelling destination proposition for Wales.
Our goal is drive more than £320million of additional consumer spend in Wales from the domestic market and more than £7m of travel trade business to Wales from our top 100 operators.
Find out more about our campaign on our Visit Wales consumer site (external link).
If you are a tourism business, information on how you can get involved is available on our Business Wales Tourism Zone (external link).