Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
Universities in Wales and Ireland are joining forces to investigate how coastal defences and renewable energy schemes can be improved by more eco-friendly designs.
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Visit Wales research
Visit Wales carry out a programme of research through the year. We also commission research and provide advice on research matters.
Our research programme includes:
- Wales tourism business survey
- Wales visitor survey
- Wales tourism accommodation occupancy surveys
- UK tourism trends and forecasts
- visits to tourist attractions
- Wales in summary
- Great Britain tourist survey
- accommodation bedstock
- international passenger survey (IPS)
- economic impact of Tourist Information Centres in Wales.
To see details on all Visit Wales research and also access wider Welsh Government research go to our Tourism statistics and research section
You can benefit from participating in some of our surveys, for example:
- Occupancy survey for self catering and serviced accommodation - you will receive confidential monthly reports on the performance of your business, comparing your results with others in your sector and region. Results provide valuable information on performance and a range of useful trend data. The results are used widely by our marketing colleagues and for preparing business plans and developing tourism resources.
- Visits to tourist attractions survey – participating attraction providers will receive reports on visitor numbers. Results enable you to benchmark your operation within your region and sector as a whole.
- If you provide accommodation or attraction and want to participate in our surveys, please contact the tourism research team by email: email@example.com.