Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
The Welsh Government has awarded £149,530 to the Wales Co-operative Centre to support the Co-operative Housing in Wales project, Communities and Children Secretary Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone to end on 30 April
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Partnership for Growth: strategy for tourism 2013-2020
This strategy sets the vision for us and the industry to work in partnership to increase visitor spend to Wales.
The strategy focuses on 5 key areas:
- promoting the Brand
- product Development
- people Development
- profitable Performance
- place Building.
The strategy identifies a product-led approach to developing and marketing tourism in Wales. This means working with iconic, high quality, reputation-changing products and events. We will be focussing on:
- more luxury and branded hotels
- more well-being facilities, such as spas
- more heritage hotels that utilise historic and distinctive buildings
- more all year round attractions, activities and cultural experiences
- more innovative, unusual and distinctive products.
The Great Britain domestic market is the main market for Wales and will continue to be the main focus. Marketing activity will be increased in London and South East Midlands and Yorkshire, as well as within Wales itself for the first time. Overseas, the 3 key markets identified by the panel are Ireland, Germany and USA.