Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency (CRC) scheme
The CRC is a mandatory and UK-wide scheme. It covers large business and public sector bodies, who together produce 12% of UK carbon emissions.
This is a joint consultation between:
- the UK Government;
- the Welsh Government; and
- other devolved administrations.
The new plans aim to:
- reduce bureaucracy;
- deliver savings; and
- maintain the benefits of the scheme.
The simplifications include:
- shortening the qualification process;
- reducing the fuels covered;
- reducing the reporting required;
- reducing the time participants have to keep records;
- removing the requirement on facilities to purchase CRC allowances;
- adopting new emissions factors; and
- moving the detailed metrics from legislation to government guidance.
The consultation will run for twelve weeks.
The CRC legislation will be amended by April 2013.
The consultation document is available on the Department of Energy and Climate Change website.
Search open consultations:
Browse open consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently added (10)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (2)
Environment and countryside (4)
Finance and Law (0)
Health and social care (4)
Housing and Regeneration (0)
Improving public services (1)
Local government (2)
People and communities (4)
Welsh language (0)