Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
A remarkable family archive, containing an important series of letters by Arthur, 1st Duke of Wellington, to his brother William will be coming to Gwent, Economy Secretary, Ken Skates, has announced.
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- Right to Buy suspended in Flintshire
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
First Minister of Wales
The First Minister of Wales is the leader of the Welsh Government and is appointed by HM the Queen following nomination by Assembly Members.
The First Minister's responsibilities include:
- appointing the Cabinet of Welsh Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Counsel General (with the approval of Her Majesty) who comprise the Welsh Government
- chairing Cabinet meetings and exercising the functions of the Welsh Government
- leading policy development and delivery
- managing relationships with the rest of the UK and internationally
- representing the people of Wales on official business
The official office of the First Minister is in Ty Hywel and the Senedd in Cardiff Bay. An office is also kept at the Crown Buildings in Cathays Park, Cardiff, where nearly half of all Welsh Government civil servants are based.
You can contact Carwyn Jones by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (We aim to provide a response to all correspondence to the First Minister within 17 working days.)