Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
First Minister of Wales
The First Minister of Wales is the leader of the Welsh Government and is appointed by HM the Queen following nomination by Assembly Members.
The First Minister's responsibilities include:
- appointing the Cabinet of Welsh Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Counsel General (with the approval of Her Majesty) who comprise the Welsh Government
- chairing Cabinet meetings and exercising the functions of the Welsh Government
- leading policy development and delivery
- managing relationships with the rest of the UK and internationally
- representing the people of Wales on official business
The official office of the First Minister is in Ty Hywel and the Senedd in Cardiff Bay. An office is also kept at the Crown Buildings in Cathays Park, Cardiff, where nearly half of all Welsh Government civil servants are based.
You can contact Carwyn Jones by email at: email@example.com (We aim to provide a response to all correspondence to the First Minister within 17 working days.)
- The Great Repeal Bill: Welsh economy needs certainty, clarity and reassurance - Carwyn Jones
- First Minister Carwyn Jones – “We’re committed to a sensible Brexit that secures Wales’ future”
- Carwyn Connect heads to Barry
- First Minister celebrates the inspiring winners of the 2017 St David Awards